Friday, July 22, 2011

ARC of MY VERY UNFAIRY TALE LIFE

First off, Laura Pauling has a great post today about self promotion. Go read it! One of Laura's tips for self promotion is to promote others! Which fit in nicely with what I wanted to blog about today.

The lovely Anna Staniszewski asked me to be a part of a tour her ARC would be taking (ARC = Advanced Reading Copy). I've seen ARCs, I've even read a few. But I haven't been part of an official ARC blogging tour. So THANK YOU Anna for including me. MY VERY UNFAIRY TALE LIFE will be available on November 1 from Sourcebooks Jabberwocky.

The ARC arrived yesterday.

Isn't the cover gorgeous? I can't wait to dive into it!


Maybe I'll take my new friend to the library today. Or maybe to the beach. Not sure yet. I love Anna's marketing approach--you see she only has a couple of ARCs to spare. So several of us are reading it, and then mailing it along to the next person on the list. She's given us mailing envelopes with postage paid. Each of us is writing a note inside the front or back cover. That ARC is going to make a great prize for someone some time in the fall. :)

Coincidentally, the person on the list after me is none other than Laura Pauling. Isn't the universe delightful?

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Oh yay! I can't wait for my turn! I love her cover. And yes, I think she's done a fantastic job so far! Thanks for the link!

Anna Staniszewski said...

Yay, glad it made it to you safely. Thanks for taking part in my tour and spreading the word--you're the best!

Kristine Asselin said...

You're welcome Laura!

And, Anna, anytime you have an ARC tour, count me in!

Ansha Kotyk said...

How can I get in on the tour?? :)

Heather Kelly said...

So glad you got it!! YAY!!

Laura Josephsen said...

Oh, how fun! And the title alone makes me want to check it out.

MG Higgins said...

I love the ARC tour idea. Anna is brilliant. I'm off to Laura's blog....

Kristin said...

Is that not the best cover?! Love it!