Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Guest Post: Laura Pauling of the Indelibles


I'm so proud to introduce you to my critique partner and friend, Laura Pauling. Laura and I have known each other almost three years--and I've learned so much about writing and the industry from her and with her. We've been on a journey together. And I'm thrilled to be able to share her with you today as she talks about the newest leg of her journey as a writer.
I'm particularly grateful to her for writing a guest post, because I've got deadlines and life taking up my schedule this week. 

I give you Laura Pauling:

***
I could give you the spiel about the Indelibles. Our mission. Our purpose. I could make it all official like that. But I'm going to fast forward through all that and cut to the chase.

Ooo a fancy website.
Ahh a cool banner.
Hot diggety a bunch of authors.
Woo hoo a fancy schmancy contest to win a Kindle Fire and 25 books.

But strip all that down...
and you have authors supporting authors.

Struggling.
Persevering.
Writing.
Finding their way in this awesome and scary world of indie and self publishing.

It's part cross promotion.
It's part marketing.
It's sharing resources and knowledge.

"Have you guys used Stumble Upon?"
"Guess what? I'm an instructor at my SCBWI conference for self publishing."
"Man, I've got a wicked headache today."
"Which fonts on my cover do you guys like better?"
"What's coding? HTML anyone?"
"Help!"

It's being a friend.

That's what the Indelibles are all about.

If you haven't heard about the contest, start at the Indelibles blog. Follow the blog hop and piece together the sentence to enter for a Kindle Fire and 25 ebooks from the authors. Most authors are also giving away separate prizes. Pretty simple.
 
It ends at midnight tonight - Wednesday. And good luck!

On February 14th, we're releasing an anthology of short stories/excerpts told from the point of view of the main hotties in our books. What a great way to sample the authors that participated.

Thanks Kris for inviting me to guest post! It's a privilege.
 
You are so welcome, Laura! Good luck and I can't wait to read A SPY LIKE ME, for real. (full disclosure, I've seen this story grow for the last year, and I'm so excited to see it come out for all of you to read.)

Follow Laura here:


Laura Pauling writes YA and MG fiction. She lives the cover of suburban mom/author perfectly, from the minivan to the home-baked snickerdoodles, while hiding her secret missions and covert operations. But shh. Don't tell anyone. A Spy Like Me, her YA debut novel, will be released in the spring of 2012. To catch a sneak peek, her short story, The Almost Assassin, will appear in the In His Eyes Anthology on sale February 14th, 2012.

9 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

Thanks so much, Kris! :)

Stina said...

I'm looking forward to reread A Spy Like Me. I read it a year ago, in it's early stages.

I love how these authors have gotten together to form the group. :D

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Hey, I recognize those questions! :)

What a beautiful description of who we are! I'm so proud to be a part of the group, because it's just as you say ... authors helping authors. #awesome

Unknown said...

Oh wow, what an awesome looking book - I always wish I could get into the heads of the hotties in my favorite books (when they aren't the POV, of course) - sounds like such a fun group and collaborative project. Go Laura! I can't wait to read A Spy Like Me!

Ansha Kotyk said...

I can't wait to see you in print Laura! And by print I mean on my nook. :)

Laura Pauling said...

Thanks everyone!

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks again, Laura, for being on the blog today! Good luck with the anthology and the book!

Kelly Polark said...

Very cool that the authors teamed up for a blog AND the anthology!
I love how writers support one another so much. Good luck, Laura!

LTM said...

Yay! Hooray for Laura, and hooray for the Indelibles. That is the coolest-looking anthology. And since I know so many of the writers, it's already on my TBR list. Thanks, guys! Yep, writers supporting writers~ <3