Monday, February 6, 2012

America's Star on the Walk of Fame

Indulge me for just a minute. My favorite band gets far too little respect from the world at large. They've only been making music, nonstop, for over 40 years. I saw them for the first time in 1987, and have seen them 20ish times since then. They sound as good now as they did then.

Oh, I listen to lots of great music. I love a lot of contemporary pop and alternative stuff. But my musical heart will always belong to Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell of America. And today, they were honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Congratulations, boys!

And just want to credit the America facebook page, from which I borrowed this great picture. Wish I could have been there.

2 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

A celebrity tweeted that (I forgot who) about AMerica getting the star and I immediately thought of you!!

Kristine Asselin said...

Thanks Kelly! I know you love your music, too!